Dec 31, 2012

On film reviews

Chuck Klosterman, from Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs:
As a rule, I do not read film reviews of movies I have not seen. Honestly, I've never quite understood why anyone would want to be informed about the supposed value of a film before they actually experience it. Somewhat paradoxically, I used to earn my living reviewing films, and it always made me angry when people at dinner parties would try to make conversation by asking if they should (or shouldn't) see a specific film; I never wanted to affect the choices those people made. When writing reviews, I actively avoided anything that could be perceived as an attempt at persuasion. Moreover, I never liked explaining the plot of a movie, not did I think it was remotely interesting to comment on the quality of the acting or the innovation of the special effects. 
Perhaps this is why many people did not appreciate my film reviews.

The Hunger Games Movie The District 12 Strategy Game (Google Affiliate Ad)

No comments:

Post a Comment